How it works
What is a PTSD
- Have comprehensive and certified training skills
- Have met mandatory performance levels
- Are certified capable and competent. with skill levels/behaviours set a top level standard.
Do I Qualify
Each of the following criteria must be met for you to qualify for this program:
- You are a Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces who was honorably released.
- You are under the care of a mental health professional and are currently in treatment.
- You have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress, and have been prescribed the use of a Service Dog by your Mental Health professional.
- You able to take care of Service Dog both physically and financially.
We know 1st hand the changes a Service Dog will make in a Veteran’s life. Baden K9 is a world renown for the quality and training of their dogs.
A Service Dog is a huge responsibility. This animal is with you 24/7, 365 days a year, no exception. There are 50 years, 3 generations of breeding and training philosophies that have gone into these incredible dogs. We owe it to our Partners, their families and their trainers to be the best Ambassadors and Handlers for the gift of freedom they will give our Veterans!
Most importantly it is both for the safety of the Veteran and our dogs that the pairing process is done wisely. It is for this reason, not all who apply will receive a Service Dog from our program.