How it works
PTSD Service Dog
– Cindy Weir Handler & PLF K9 Gracie xo
Qualifications of a PTSD Service Dog:
All VEC Service dogs:
- Have comprehensive and certified training skills
- Have met mandatory performance levels
- Are certified capable and competent. with skill levels/behaviours set a top level standard.
Do I Qualify?
Each of the following criteria must be met for you to qualify for this program:
- You are a Canadian Veteran who served in the Armed Forces.
- You are under the care of a mental health professional and are currently in treatment.
- You have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress, and have been prescribed the use of a Service Dog by your Mental Health professional.
- You able to take care of Service Dog both physically and financially.